The best electric fishing reel 2020 are designed to take the heavy work out of fishing and make it more fun for everyone. By incorporating electric motors into the fishing reel mechanism, these electric fishing reels improve the efficiency of your fishing tackle. Electric fishing reels are especially useful for offshore deep drop ocean anglers, whether they’re fishing for daytime swordfish or plumbing the depths for tile fish and grouper. Electric reels plug directly into your boat’s power system or run off a stand-alone 12 volt or 24 volt battery.
We will help you find the best electric fishing reels for bottom fishing from numerous top brands. Order electric Shimano Reels with motor heat dissipation, or electric Daiwa reels that also you switch power rangers with a button press, or Elec-Tra-Mate reels that can also be used for pulling dredges or deep dropping. You can even get green sticking reels that allow you to switch rods or spools in seconds. Additional features available include automatic stop and jigging, variable-speed power control, hands-off hauling and corrosion resistance. With models available for all levels of recreational and commercial fishing, we have an electric fishing reel for you.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel details:
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel makes deep drop fishing easier for anyone. Fight em on the handle and let the power assist do the drudgery of retrieving heavy sinkers from the depths when it’s time to check your bait.
Manufactured and hand assembled in Japan, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 electric reel offers unrivalled value. It’s sleek lightweight design houses a powerful high-performance electric system with massive continuous winding power and a retrieve rate of up to 130m per minute!
Packed with all the amazing technology of Daiwa’s more expensive electric reels, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is extremely durable and reliable featuring corrosion resistant components and a washable design with sealed electronics for long-lasting performance. The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is a proven workhorse with true 80lb performance.
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000, is a 12-Volt powered Dendoh reel that is smaller, lighter and easier to use compared to other electrics. Its sleek, lightweight design, houses a powerful and high-performance electric system, boasting a massive continuous (70 kg max. instant winding power) winding power and a retrieval rate of up to 130m per minute!
With Daiwa’s exclusive Power Lever for instant control of winding speed and power, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000’s digital readout automatically displays line let out, as well as distance retrieved from the bottom, so you know the depth of your offering at all times.
Like all of Daiwa’s electrics, upon retrieve, the programmable Auto-Stop ensures that the winding stops at its designated length. The automated jigging function can be set to automatically work a lure or bait according to your programmed specifications.
Packed with all the amazing technological innovations from its more expensive cousins, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is extremely durable and reliable, featuring corrosion resistant components and a washable design with sealed electronics for smooth, long-lasting performance in the harsh marine environment.
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist Electric Reel joins the Daiwa Tanacom family of deep drop and kite fishing reels with features to make power assist fishing easier than ever.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 line capacity:
Mono Capacity(lb/yds): 30/700, 40/500
Braid Capacity(lb/yds): 80/880, 100/660, 120/550
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 features:
- LCD display reads out in English for easier programming
- Oversize line guide aperture to clear large knots and kite swivels
- Automatic stop and jigging features
- Variable-speed Power Lever control
- Line counter and depth memory
- Sealed electronics package
- Manual winding option
- Washable design
- 12 Volt system (12-16.8 V)
- Sealed drag system
1. Free spool adjustment:
- It adjusts brake tension on the spool to prevent backlash or line slack caused by dropping the line with hook and sinker.
2. Power lever:
- You can freely adjust winding power, or winding speed, from zero(ON/OFF) to maximum, by 32 steps, by using the lever.
- Tilting the lever forward adds power and speeds up the winding.
- Pulling the lever back slows down the winding.
- Without the lever positioned to OFF, it is impossible to start winding. You have to pull it back to the OFF position before you start winding. An audible sound indicates the OFF position.
- The power lever is used to set numerical values on the various function displays.
3. Waterproof drag:
- Adjusting the star drag allows the spool to slip against a strong pull to avoid line breakage.
(1) Adjust the drag while reel is on the rod and the line is strung through all the line guides.
(2) Adjust drag with the clutch ON, while pulling the line with your hands. Normally, the drag is adjusted to prevent the weakest line in the line system from breaking.
- Turning the handle automatically engages the clutch.
- ON position > line winding can be done.
- OFF position > spool is free-turning to let out line.
- The levelwind distributes line evenly on the spool as you wind it in. (Under some special circumstances line may not wind evenly because of the clearance between the levelwind and the line.)
6. Enclosed items:
- Power cord
- Levelwind threader (This tool simplifies threading line through the levelwind.)
- Rod Clamp
1. MODE BUTTON
Press the MODE BUTTON to scroll through the adjustment displays for each reel function.
- Use the Power Lever to adjust numeric values.
- Pressing the MODE BUTTON sets the numeric values you have adjusted.
- Depress and hold the MODE BUTTON to return to the depth display.
- Mode change cannot be done while line is being fed.
2. RESET BUTTON
This button resets the depth counter to zero.
Make sure to press this button before you start fishing. The reset depth is used to make the auto stop function work. (display shows ). The default setting of auto stop is 2 meters.
This prevents accidental resetting. For a total reset, when line has been broken off, press and hold the button for at least 2 seconds.
3. INVERSE COUNTER BUTTON
Pressing this button resets the counter in the lower area of the display.
- It memorizes distance from the bottom, handy for dropping a bait right back into the strike zone after youʼve been bit.
- The chumming timer resumes after pressing this button.
4. JIG/PICKUP BUTTON
Selection between pickup and jigging can be done in the mode setting display.(One of them should necessarily be chosen.)
-You can wind only while pressing this button. This function is useful to wind up line slack and attract fish.
- Winding speed can be changed with the mode setting display. (Default setting is speed 15)
- Jigging can be ON/OFF.
- Pressing this button starts jigging. (Display shows )
- Pressing the button again stops jigging.
5. Mode display
- This display allows you to change setting of each function.
- The functions that are set to work are shown on the display.(Default setting is speed 15, but the speed can actually be set between 0~Hi.)
6. Depth counter
- It shows the depth from the surface.
7. Chumming timer (Power indicator, time to wind up, timer display)
- The chumming timer appears when motor rotation is stopped.The timer display cannot be set to OFF.
- While using the power lever, the power level is shown.
- While the electric winding up is in action displaying actual winding speed, the timer indicates the remaining time to auto stop at the ship side(in minutes and seconds).
8. Jigging display
- This is appeared only when the jigging function is on.
- It blinks when jigging is in process.
9. Inverse counter (winding speed display)
- This counter shows the depth from the bottom (or a certain depth).
- Once this counter is turned on, its display cannot be turned off.
- While winding up, winding speed appears in meters per minute.
(The display of winding speed can be set to OFF)
Do not reel in the end of the line on the Daiwa Tanacom 1000
1. Do not allow line to rub against the palming plate while winding as it could scratch the plate.
2. The motor can be overloaded when winding at very high tension for a long time (about 15 minutes). In this case, the motor will automatically stop. This does not occur while fishing as water helps cool down the motor. If the motor stops, wind manually or move the power lever momentarily back to OFF and then resume winding. Wind the line at high speed (less tension).
DO NOT allow end of line to be wound onto the spool.This may cause synchronization with the levelwind to be lost, a condition that can damage the levelwind due to the reelʼs high power output. Should this happen, line should be removed from spool and rewound. After each trip, attach line to line clip to prevent it accidentally being wound onto reel.
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist Reel easy to use. Connect the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 battery and lower your lure to the water's surface. Then press the reset button to zero the display and you're ready to start fishing, with the reel automatically measuring line let out. Advance the Power Lever to rewind; the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel will automatically stop as your lure reaches the surface.
Deep drop fishing for Grouper, Halibut, Snapper, Tile, etc., fight your catch on the handle but let the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist reel do the drudgery of retrieving heavy sinkers from the depths when it's time to check your bait.
When you're kite fishing the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 offers the power to quickly bring in kites in heavy winds.
Shielded For Extra Protection. Unlike ordinary ‘corrosion resistant’ bearings with an unprotected open race, Daiwa’s CRBB bearings are shielded to seal out sand, fine grit, salt crystals and other abrasives for even longer life.
Digital gear design ensures a perfect mesh between ultra-tough, surface treated alloy drive gear and marine bronze pinion gear for optimized speed, power and durability.
The DAIWA Ultimate Tournament Drag System includes impregnated drag discs, which are about 30 times more durable than normal discs. The effective drag power is considerably increased compared to normal drag systems. An additional advantage is the reduced start-up resistance - the drag starts working, when the adjusted drag power is reached and drags smoothly and steadily.
Intensive studies of saltwater influence have resulted in the development of a washable construction for saltwater use. A water 'duct' at the bottom of reel allows effective water discharge and simplifies maintenance by allowing the reel to be washed after use, without concern for drainage.
Before you begin fishing with the Daiwa Tanacom 1000
Before you begin fishing, make sure the counter is set to zero at the waterʼs surface. This is extremely important to ensure accurate fishing depth readings.
1. Connect the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel to the battery, put the line through all the guides, and prepare your terminal rig.
2. Place the rod into the rod holder in the position it will normally rest while fishing.
3. Lower the terminal rig to the waterʼs surface and press the RESET BUTTON. (water surface zero setting) The display resets to 0.0 and STP blinks.
Attention: When new line is wound up, or when line has been pulled under heavy tension, line stretch may cause a gap in the depth reading at the surface. Simply reset the surface setting with the reset button.
When the main line is cut or broken off:
- Should your line break, revise data as follows.
- Wind the line to the rod tip, and press the RESET BUTTON for 3 seconds. (At depths greater than 10 m, 3-second-pressing is employed accidental pressing of the button.) If the display shows 0.0 then your re-adjustment is complete and data has been revised.
- Unless you reset the data on the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel, it will not be able to count accurately.
The Auto stop depth may be set to meet your own specific needs.
- Auto stop adjusts to operate at depths from 1 m to 5 m (in 10 cm increments).
- It prevents accidentally winding swivels, terminal rigs etc. into the rod tip and stops your rig at a consistent depth for convenient checking and changing of baits and sinkers.
- Line stretch can cause an inaccurate reading at the surface. Simply reset the counter to zero at the surface.
Auto stop automatically brings your terminal rig to the surface, stopping consistently at your pre-set depth preference. It eliminates the need to constantly monitor depth as it comes up.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Line feeding function:
The line feeding function lets our line with the motor assisting the spool.
- The line feeding mechanism begins to work at a depth of 2.5 m below the pre-set auto stop depth.
- If the clutch becomes ON while the reel is furnishing line, the spool begins to rotate to avoid line slack.
- Speed of the line going out is adjusted with 32 speed levels ranging between 0 and Hi. It is adjusted in the line feeding mode.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Various alarms:
Many kinds of information are indicated by audible alarms.
Power lever alarm - Placing the Power lever at MAX or OFF positions evokes an alarm.
Auto stop alarm - While winding up, starting 6 m below the auto stop depth, an alarm beeps at two meter intervals. Upon reaching the auto stop depth, a long alarm sounds.
Range memory alert - While lowering your rig back into the strike zone, starting 6 m above the memorized strike depth, an alarm sounds at two m intervals with a long alarm sounding once the target depth is reached. (This range memory alarm does not sound unless line has been wound more than 6 m above the memorized
Switch alarm - Each time a button is pressed, a confirming beep is sounded.
Excessive voltage alarm - Should you attach a power source with a voltage higher than the acceptable level, a continuous alarm will sound. DO NOT operate the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel. Disconnect the power source. Connect a power source with the proper voltage.
Timer alarm - Chumming timer winding is indicated by an alarm.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel reviews:
Shimano Beastmaster 9000 details:
The new Shimano Beastmaster 9000 A is at the pinnacle of electric fishing reels. After years of development by the experts at Shimano anglers now have a electric reel capable of exploring the truly deep reefs. Pulling monsters from the deep is a speciality of the brushless, high-torque, high-speed, durable Giga Max Motor, with a winding strength of up to 250-pounds.
With an amazing 55-pounds of thermo-adjustable drag power and a 50% reduction of drag heat, fishing for deep-water species like grouper, trevalla, swordfish and tuna will not be able to resist the Shimano Dendou Beastmaster. It is possible to halt spool rotation with the aid of the mechanical brake knob while preventing backlash from the rig as it drops.
Upgraded to provide additional power and enhanced functionality, the new Shimano BM9000A BeastMaster Electric Reel is Shimano's premier power assist reel for deep dropping. Featuring an enhanced version of the brushless GigaMax Motor that gave the original BeastMaster its reputation for unwavering power, the new Shimano BM9000A achieves 10% more winding power than its predecessor.
With a maximum winding power of 290lbs and a staggering 55lbs of maximum drag pressure, the Shimano BeastMaster 9000A is capable of going toe-to-toe with biggest, baddest monsters of the deep.
Incorporating a Thermo Adjust Drag system that provides a 50% heat reduction, along with Heat Free System II that allows any built up heat to release through the side vents within the reel's side plate, the new Shimano BeastMaster 9000A is masterfully designed to withstand the punishment of multi-hour battles while daytime swordfishing.
Normally reels with this type of power and capabilities are extremely heavy and cumbersome, while the new BM9000A weighs in at only 52.4oz and is easily maneuvered around your boat after the initial hook up.
The new Shimano BeastMaster 9000 A is up to the challenge!
Whether you are kite fishing, deep dropping for tilefish and other deep water dwellers, or even daytime fishing for swords, the new Shimano BeastMaster 9000A is up to the challenge.
With an amazing 55-pounds of thermo-adjustable drag power and a 50% reduction of drag heat, deep-water species like grouper, trevalla, swordfish and tuna will not be able to resist the Shimano Beastmaster 9000. It is possible to halt spool rotation with the aid of the mechanical brake knob while preventing backlash from the rig as it drops.
Shimano Beastmaster dendou 9000 was introduced for the first time in the US about five years ago and really it was known for its gigamax motor. The GigaMax motor is a brushless motor. It won't overheat it won't burn out. It won't stop and it has a ton of power in a ton of speed. We've upgraded the gigamax motor to 10% more powerful. So what that does is it gives you a lot more power and winching speed keeps your fish from getting eaten by sharks allows you to pull a kite really easily.
We've also gone in ahead and added a manual mode to this reel that just allows for easy kite fish and pull the kite in and out.
With 10% more winding power than the previous model and 25kg of Cross Carbon Drag output, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 is ready to tackle monsters of the deep. Regardless of the load applied to the reel, the Constant Speed Mode maintains a consistent retrieve speed without the loss of any cranking power during the fight. The Heat-Free system allows for heat to be released from vents in the side plate, ensuring reliable performance.
It also features a aluminium clod forged clutch lever and a LCD screen with an English menu. To reach deeper depths, the reel can be spooled with up to 900m of PE 8 braid.
The Shimano Beastmaster BM9000 Electric Dendou Reel is Shimano’s premier electric reel to date, built upon the brushless Gigamax motor that greatly improves high end torque, speed, and durability all the while producing less heat. We all know that the generation of heat is the downfall of all electric reels, especially under high drags and torque when daytime swordfishing or hauling in other giants of the deep.
In addition to the Gigamax motor, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 also incorporates a Thermo adjust drag that provides a 50% heat reduction, along with Heat Free System II that allows any built up heat to release through the side vents within the reel’s side plate.
With the heat reduction technologies built into the Shimano Shimano Beastmaster 9000, the reel also offers extreme power, with 55lbs of drag at full and 250lbs of winding strength. Normally reels with this type of power and capabilities are extremely heavy and cumbersome, while the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 weighs in at only 53oz and is easily maneuvered around your boat after the initial hook up.
Speed, power, and the sweet sound of saltwater success come together in the Shimano BeastMaster 9000 Electric Reel. Built to make deep drop fishing and kite fishing more fun and productive, the BeastMaster incorporates Shimano's advanced GigaMax brushless motor for unparalleled performance in a reel this compact and easy to handle. Its planetary gear system generates incredible torque, with a maximum winding strength of 250 lbs. backed by up to 55 lbs. of drag force.
And with a full 3.1:1 gear ratio, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 pulls in 35" of line per crank, to get that beast headed toward the boat quickly. Its 12/2/2 S-ARB double-shielded ball-bearing system delivers consistently smooth performance. And instead of a mechanical clicker, a running fish will trigger Shimano's audible e-Exciting Drag Sound electronic technology; you'll just have to hear it to believe it! Holds up to 1870 yds. of 50-lb. or 940 yards of 100-lb. braid.
The Shimano Beastmaster 9000 incorporates 3 essential qualities of a good electric reel: Durability, Heat Dissipation and High Torque Power. We've strengthened the bearing shaft and improved the durability of the Gigamax motor. We've enhanced heat dissipation with Thermo Adjust Drag control and Heat Free System II. With A torque of 113kg, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 makes light work of large catches in deep waters.
Shielded Anti-Rust Bearings - Shielded Antirust provide even smoother operation.
A special corrosion-resistant material is applied to the surface of conventional antirust bearings to minimize saltwater penetration and these bearings are located at strategic locations to achieve even smoother performance. These enable dramatically improved casting performance when fishing for spear squid, as well as improved float fishing performance — something that was said to be difficult to achieve with a powered Beastmaster reel. This has been made possible by the optimum balance that has been achieved between the safety bar and the level winder, which is the part that is said to cause line tangles when float fishing. Not only are these bearings resistant to rust, but they also minimize the formation of salt crystals inside the bearings, which can lead to corrosion.
Automatic Gunwale Stop - When the electric motor stops, just raise your rod vertical and the rig will come straight to your hand.
You can set the Shimano Beastmaster reel so that when the motor stops retrieving the line you just need to raise your rod vertical to have the rig come straight to your hand.
- When connecting to a power source for the first time the Gunwale Stop is set at 6m. From the second time onwards, the position at which the reel is stopped for more than 5 seconds will automatically be remembered by the computer as the Gunwale Stop position. (This feature works within the 1m~6m range. When the depth displayed is less than 1m, in the interests of safety it is set at 1m.)
- If there is a lot of line on the reel and the load changes greatly when retrieving the line then the rig may be wound into the end of the rod. When the reel detects major fluctuations in load, in the interests of safety, the Gunwale Stop position will be moved away from the rod to prevent the reel from malfunctioning.
Helpful Advice - When fishing with a short rod from the bow of a boat, if zero setting is carried out in the normal way, then the Gunwale Stop Position will be outside of the normal 1~6m range. In such cases, wind the rig up to the end of the rod and reset zero at that point to ensure that when the motor stops the rig will come to your hand when you raise the rod vertical. In this particular situation, as zero setting is not carried out on the surface of the water, the actual distance from the end of the rod to the surface of the water will be different.
Choose between Top-Down and Bottom-Up Modes - The secret to improving your catch is being able to accurately position your rig at the depth where the fish are. With the latest high-performance fish finders it is possible to see the exact depth that the fish are at. The skipper of the vessel will normally give you this information. Depending on factors such as fishing ground, fishing technique and target species, this position may be given as the distance from the surface or the distance from the bottom. This reel is ideally suited to either situation as it has both a Top Down Mode and a BottomUp Mode. Select between modes according the situation at hand
Technology Found In Shimano Beastmaster 9000 Electric Dendou Reels:
- Thermo Adjust Drag - A control function designed to suppress abnormal heat generation of the drag so as to maintain stable drag performance. If the drag slips while the motor of the electric reel is on, the gear will idle and cause an abnormal heat generation in the drag portion. In order to suppress this heat generation, when the drag is slipping, the motor speed is automatically reduced.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- E-Exciting Drag Sound - Produces an audible drag sound in place of a mechanical clicker to provide the angler better feedback when a fish makes a run. The electronic sound is an audible drag sound from the reel when a fish makes a run. This creates a modern solution to the mechanical clicker while adding excitement to your day.
- Hagane Body - The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Cross Carbon Drag - This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Heat Free System II - Heat Free System II dissipates motor heat to ensure Forcemaster delivers peak power all day long.
- Fine Dot LCD - Fine Dot LCD Display provides ultra clear resolution in full sunlight.
- Gigamax Motor - A brushless motor design that provides the angler with extraordinary torque, high speeds, and supreme durability.
- Raku/Speed Mode - Select between Raku or Speed Mode. Raku Mode: Maintain constant tension and winding according to the load on the end of the line. Speed Mode: Maintain constant speed regardless of load.
- Platinum Premier Service Plan - With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.
You should also consider the all new Shimano 9000 Forcemaster reel.
Shimano Beastmaster 9000 reviews:
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ Electric Reel details:
The new Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ electric reel delivers incredible power! The strength of Daiwa Seaborg new custom motor is in the same class as the mighty Marine Power 3000. The newly redesigned Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ Megatwin is the ultimate battle machine. It is powerful, quiet and smooth and has an output of roughly 1.3 times greater than previous motors. The new aluminum composite housing is designed to maximize the release of heat and keep the Mega Torque Motor cool, ensuring that power is available all the time.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ allows the user to quickly switch between mega-power mode and mega-speed mode by merely touching a button. During retrieve, the new speed function switches smoothly and efficiently and allows the angler the ability to alternate to the best speed, depending on the situation.
Mega Torque Motor - The strength of Daiwa Seaborg’s new custom motor is in the same class as the mighty Marine Power 3000. The power and speed is quiet and smooth, and with an output of approximately 1.3 times greater than previous motors. This is the ultimate battle machine. With all this power, the new aluminum composite housing is designed to maximize the release of heat and keep the motor cool, ensuing that the power is available all the time. This monster has a tough heart inside, to challenge any fierce battle in the sea.
Megatwin - Daiwa’s original Daiwa Seaborg Megatwin reel design utilizes a two-gear ratio system. The new Daiwa Seaborg employs a totally redesigned system that allows the user to immediately switch between mega-power mode and mega-speed mode by simply touching a button. During retrieve or when battling a monster the new speed function switches smoothly and effortlessly. With this functionality, an angler can alternate to the best speed, depending on the situation.
ATD (Automatic Drag System) - ATD drag system that gives you the power and poise to take control of whatever crosses your angling path. ATD is a combination of seven large carbon washers and improved drag grease. The new grease exhibits a low viscosity at rest, yet becomes more viscous immediately after drag start up. This reduces initial drag start-up inertia. When combined with the structural changes to the ATD Drag washers, results in a smoother stronger drag from the initial hook up, allowing you to concentrate on the fight.
This tough drag function will adjust according to the pulling of the fish. Daiwa Seaborg 1200 to keep the drag smooth under extreme pressure, an aluminum drag radiator is located on the handle shaft that dissipates heat away from the drag system, maximizing the release of heat, keeping the drag cooler for better drag performance. This ultimate function will maintain the drag power to help conquer large fish. Also, an alarm sound function will notify anglers when line is being pulled out.
What the Monster offers - Maximum flexibility to fight!
Jog Power Lever – The new Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ Jog Power Lever system is designed for stand up fishing techniques. With the standing fight concept in mind, the Jog Lever will allow an immediate response to wind the line. When standing with the rod/reel outfit in your right hand the lever can be controlled with your left thumb. Alternatively, when using your left hand to hold the outfit, pinching the lever with your right hand will allow you to control the machine easily. This easy to use function will allow you to continuously lead the fight against your target.
Magsealed Ball Bearing – Daiwa’s ultimate technology – Magsealed Ball Bearing prevents water and dust intrusion inside the ball bearing which greatly reduces reel corrosion and noise. Applied to the spool shaft surrounding, a place where invasion of salt and dust is most likely to happen and maintenance is difficult. This will improve the long-term durability and the smoothness.
Dot Screen Display- Out in the field it can be tough to read anything on an LCD screen due to sun glare or sunglasses. The Daiwa Seaborg’s LCD screen displays large letters/numbers and uses a dotted LCD screen to make it easier for anglers to see the display. Line input procedures are selectable in Japanese or English languages. Just let the D-Vec letters on the start screen lead you to exciting world of Dendoh reel fishing.
For ultimate deep water then the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ is the ideal choice. Its massive line capacity combined with sheer power is ideal for fishing the deepest waters of the ocean.
The new Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ reels set a new standard for what is possible with an electric reel. Gone are the days when this type of reel was made just for deep drop fishing. With the new Jog Lever design the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ is the ultimate stand up electric game reel.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ features:
- Powerful Megatwin (switchable between high/low gear
- English version LCD
- Magsealed ball Bearing
- Oversize SIC line guide
- Jog Power Lever
- Drag radiator
- Convenient 12-Volt DC Operation (acceptable range of voltage 12-16.8V)
- Electric current usage No load – 4 amps, Rated 7/5A (Hi/Lo) amps, Maximum power – 20 amps
- Line Counter and Depth Memory
- LCD Readout
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ handling instructions:
- Do not step on or place objects upon the reel. It may cause problems with the reel.
- Do not leave the reel near heating appliances. Resin may melt and deform or deteriorate causing problems.
- When storing the reel for a long time, wipe down the moisture completely and preserve it in as well a ventilated place as possible without direct sunlight. Loosen the drag when storing it.
-Before removing the power supply, tum off the power (power lever back) as it could cause problems with the reel.
- When the reel is stored with the wet line with salt seawater, the spool may rust. Wash only the spinning part with tap water to rinse off seawater sufficiently, and then dry it in a well ventilated place without direct sunlight before storing it.
- Before going fishing, please check the reel for proper operation to ensure an enjoyable fishing trip.
- Do not store a wet reel in a plastic bag or a fishing bag because it may cause rust or malfunction.
- Be cautious not to let cloth or other objects become caught in the reel when winding. Be careful not to have the line slackened by backlash or other cause caught into the reel.
- Unplug the power supply and the cable when not in use.
- Do not store the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ with tightly-wound, damp line. During storage, the line may dry up and shrink, resulting in damage to the spool. Do not wind nylon or fluorocarbon line onto a model designated exclusively for PE line (braided line}.
- When fixing the rod into a hole on the boat edge with the reel attached, verify that the reel does not touch the edge. When it touches, do not place it into the hole. The reel may be damaged.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ caution:
The following pertains to matters that could cause problems or serious, even life-threatening injuries should the instructions be ignored or incorrectly followed.
- Should the motor fail to stop for some reason while fishing, use caution to prevent your fingers being caught in the reel. Disconnect the power supply immediately.
- Do not touch or grab the line when it is being released or wound rapidly. The line may cut your fingers.
- Should water droplets get inside the liquid crystal, it could cause the microchip to malfunction and keep the motor turning. In such a case, stop using this product and have it repaired immediately.
- Before adjusting drag tension, always turn off the automatic electric winding. You could cut your hand when pulling line to check tension.
- When not tending this product, turn the power off (Power Lever back) and remove the power supply to prevent it starting accidentally and causing injuries.
- When winding up line indoors, do so at high speed. If wound up at low speed and high tension, the motor may heat up abnormally and emit smoke. Power to wind up electronically may deteriorate.
-A damaged cable may disrupt operation or short circuit and cause other problems depending upon the conditions of use. Be sure to follow the instructions stated in "Cable Handing Manual"
and "cable Maintenance Manual," and "Other Instructions for Maintenance."
When not using the cable, disconnect the power supply. It is recommended you replace the cable with a new one every other year to maintain full performance of the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ.
- Before reconnecting the power cable on the boat, thoroughly wipe away any moisture such as saltwater from the connecting parts with a dry cloth. If you connect it wet, it may short-circuit causing electric shock, smoke, or even fire.
- Please be careful to keep your finger from heat radiation section of the motor and drag radiator section which is likely to be high temperature and may cause a burm.
- When your hook is caught in the bottom, do not jerk the rod to free it. Pull the line with your hand and cut it if it fails to pull free. (Be sure to protect your hands with gloves or a towel.) If you use thick leader and cannot cut it with hands, talk to the captain for a safe treatment.
- In case you smell burning or you find other troubles, stop the motor and remove the power supply. It may cause heat or fire.
- Before connecting it to the power supply, be sure to loosen the drag well. If the IC breaks, and the motor does not stop, the terminal rig may be wound into the reel and the rod may break.
- Do not use wire line with your Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ reel. It may cause corrosion or damage to the spool.
- Do not wind up with excessive force when line is tangled with other angler's lines or snagged on the bottom. It may cause damage to your rod and other components.
- Reset the line counter whenever it displays the wrong number, you have cut off line, disconnected the power supply or changed line tests. If you use the reel without resetting the counter, your terminal rig may be pulled into the reel and break the rod or other components. Forgetting to reset it with your terminal rig at the water surface may cause the same problem.
About the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ counter display:
The following conditions may make the display difficult to read.
1. Wearing polarized glasses.
2. Excessively cold or hot weather, mid-winter (display's surface temperature is below -10 degrees centigrade) and mid-summer (display's surface temperature is above 60 degrees centigrade).
3. When light strikes the display from certain angles, the display's digits may have shadows. This does not affect its function.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ power source:
How to connect the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ power source:
1. Attach the cord clips to the battery. Red covered clip is the plus (+),and the black covered clip is the minus(-).
2. Insert the connector into the reel. After this, the display appears as below.
By taking the appropriate steps, the indication will change as shown below and the data will be set.
Attention - When changing batteries, the display's back up memory stays active for about 15 minutes after the old battery is disconnected. Thus the above display startup sequence does not need to replay when the new battery is connected within the 15 minute time frame.
The Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ is designed to be compatible with direct current (DC) 12 Volt only. You may not use any power sources other than DC12V to power the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ (for example, AC100V from a household power
supply and DC24V equipped on a boat). The power source voltage on a boat tends to lose stability as it is largely influenced by a generator on board and wiring which may trigger the protective circuit causing sudden stop or intermittent operation of the reel. To maximize the performance of the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ, be sure to use the electric reel specific batteries.
Attention - Make sure of the following before departure:
1. Recharge the battery before your fishing trip. Over time, a battery can naturally discharge.
2. Confirm the boat can provide the proper power source (i.e. voltage, connector shape etc).
3. Corroded connections can prevent the flow of electric current. Remove any corrosion or dirt from the connectors.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ Battery level Indicator:
When the battery voltage is lowered while powered ON, the battery level indicator becomes as shown below. When the voltage goes down to 1 OV or less, the winding power of the reel is restricted and the maximum performance cannot be gained. If this indicator is blinking while the motor is not running, battery voltage may be low due to decreasing of the residual capacity of the battery. If it is blinking, replace the battery with a recharged one (If you use the on-board power supply, check the voltage and the terminal of your boat).
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ reel maintenance:
This is a washable reel. Wash away salt residue and grit after fishing.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ maintenance procedure:
1. Wash the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ with a dish washing detergent and a soft sponge. Do not use solvents. Do not use soap or other detergents. Other soaps or solutions may damage the reel both externally and internally. The solution may damage the outside coating of the reel and may breakdown the grease inside of the reel creating an overflow of grease.
2. Rinse detergent and dirt away with running water, rinsing the spool very well to get rid of salt. Use warm water, under 30 degrees centigrade.
3. Dry your Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ well. Loosen the drag when stored. Be sure to remove water from inside the handle knob, because water could build up there.
4. Feed oil. Spray oil on the worm shaft. *Recommended grease: Genuine reel guard grease (product code: 04980020) Get the specific spray from a fishing-tackle store.
1. Do not wash with seawater or soak in water.
2. Do not use organic solvents such as benzene and thinner.
3. Do not use a steel brush or abrasive cleanser.
4. The fed oil may spring back and squirt. Do not peer down the worm shaft part.
5. Do not feed oil to water discharge hole.
6. Do not put magnetic force closer to the product main body.
Handling and maintenance of the power cord:
Follow the restrictions below to avoid troubles caused by disconnection of power cord and the like. Be sure to use the specific power cord supplied with the reel unit.
- Do not hang the reel by the power cord.
- Do not wind the power cord around the reel body with the connector inserted into the reel.
- Do not set heavy items on the power cord, or tie knots in the power cord.
- If any abnormal events occur, including smoke and abnormal odor, stop the use of the power cord and remove it immediately from the battery.
- Wipe the power cord with a wet cloth and dry it well.
- Note that the inner electric cable may be disconnected or broken despite of no visible damage on the appearance, if you step on the power cord, or if you pull the power cord strongly when it is trapped with cargoes, during use.
- Pay special attention to drying the tips, with cover removed.
- Grease the connector after it is dried.
- Disconnect the power cord from the Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ before storing.
Daiwa Seaborg 1200MJ Electric Reel reviews:
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 details:
The new 2021 Shimano Forcemaster 9000 is one of the best electric reels that delivers outstanding winding speed and strength, high drag ratings and generous line capacity to cover a variety of water depths, from inshore to over the continental shelf. The Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel offer a programmable and manual mode to cover different fishing techniques, from deep dropping to jigging.
Shimano built the new Forcemaster 9000 to be versatile and to meet the needs of anglers deep-dropping for bottom fish or flying kites in South Florida for sailfish and other pelagic spices. Packed with 55 pounds of drag to provide the power needed under immense loads, the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 incorporates Shimano's Heat Free System II to reduce the reel's internal temperature when fighting big fish, allowing anglers to focus on what matters most not exhausting themselves winching on a reel.
And with winding speeds of 153 yards per minute, anglers can quickly crank in bottom rigs or reel in kites to change out baits with the speed needed when it matters most during a hot bite. The Shimano Forcemaster 9000 also pairs perfectly with both of Shimano's Talavera Bluewater Deep-Drop rods, ultimately creating a full system to enhance performance when targeting deep-water species.
Improving upon the original Shimano Forcemaster 9000 for the 2021 fishing season, the new Shimano FM9000A Forcemaster Electric Reel has been upgraded to better suit the needs of both deep water anglers and kite fishermen. Featuring a powerful brush less motor and packed with a staggering 55 pounds of fish-stopping cross-carbon drag, the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 eliminates the exhausting tasks of manually winching the dead weight resistance of kites, dredges, or deep-drop rigs.
To enhance its ability to fight large fish, the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 incorporates Shimano's Heat Free System II to reduce the reel’s internal temperature when the motor is under heavy stress. This feature works by dissipating motor heat through vents in the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel's side plate to greatly reduce the chances of motor failure due to overheating. With winding speeds of up to 153 yards per minute, anglers can quickly crank in bottom rigs or reel in kites to change out baits with great speed and efficiency.
This ability helps keep anglers fresh and allows them to focus on other important tasks that increase their chances at success. Whether you're pulling fully loaded deep-drop rigs up from the depths or flying kites in South Florida for trophy sailfish, the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 is the perfect power assist electric reel for the job.
The new 2021 Shimano Forcemaster 9000 is Shimano’s latest addition to the range of next generation powerful electric reels. It has a line capacity of 1100m for PE6, 900m for PE8 which should prove more than enough for any type of fishing. With a hoisting capability of 78kg and lifting power of 14kg the fish don't stand a chance! It features a metal clutch lever and a new Ci4+ handle knob.
Shimano Technology Found In the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 electric reel:
Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The HAGANE Body is produced from high rigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body.
The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
CI4+ - An enhanced version of the original CI4 material, this highly technical carbon material is 2.5 times stiffer than the original and is used to create weight savings on the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel.
Fine Dot LCD - Ultra-Clear LCD Screen remains easily readable even in full sunlight, LCD screen for easy use and operation.
Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
Heat Free System II - Dissipates motor heat through vents in the reel's side plate to ensure the GigaMax Motor delivers peak power all day long and does not overheat.
E-Exciting Drag Sound - Produces an audible drag sound in place of a mechanical clicker to provide the angler better feedback when a fish makes a run. This audible and highly exciting electronic sound that the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel makes when the mode is selected.
Exciting Drag Sound is a technology which enables to have a drag sound on a baitcasting reel, without using a rattle / clicker function. It works just the same as the sound of a spinning reel when line is pulled from the drag: a 'click-click-click' or a 'swoosh' sound is heard. This is a nice feature for a lot of anglers, who like to fish with a baitcasting reel but who are missing the sound of the drag when fighting a fish.
Raku/Speed Mode - Select between Raku or Speed Mode. Raku Mode: Maintain constant tension and winding according to the load on the end of the line. Speed Mode: Maintain constant speed regardless of load.
GIGAMAX MOTOR - Amazing Performance, Even A Rise In Temperature Cannot Slow It Down!
GIGAMAX MOTOR is a brush-less DC Motor. Shimano is the only company that adapts this brush-less motor in electric reels for Shimano Forcemaster 9000 series. Inside the motor, there Is a special strong magnet that can maintain its performance level even at high temperatures. The motor is specially tuned to meet the reel's specific performance target.
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 handling instructions:
The Shimano Forcemaster 9000 consists of precision electrical components. Please read and follow the instructions below. Proper maintenance after every fishing trip is recommended to ensure that you will be able to enjoy using the reel for many years to come.
Caring for Your Shimano Forcemaster 9000:
Remove the power cord and make sure that the reel has completely cooled down before you start any maintenance.
1. Tighten the drag.
2. Wash the outside of the reel with water, using a wet sponge to remove any dirt. *Do not immerse the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 in water.
3. Disengage the clutch to let out 2~3m of line while washing between the spool and reel to get rid of the salt as shown in the diagram.
4. Loosen the drag completely and leave the reel to dry in a shady place. *Wash or lightly brush the alligator clips using freshwater to get rid of any impurities from seawater.
- Salt Build-Up in the Bearings
S A-RBs (Shielded AntiRust Bearings) are made from corrosionresistant material. However, that does not entirely prevent saltwater from entering the bearings and leaving a build-up of dried salt. They will not rust, but the rumbling sound that accompanies this build-up will sound the same as if they were rusty. If saltwater penetrates the bearings then they will either need to be taken out and washed down thoroughly with freshwater or replaced. Please contact your nearest sales office for maintenance.
- Please detach the power cord from the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel when in storage.
Cleaning Your Shimano Forcemaster 9000:
When you notice a deterioration in spool rotation.
If the spool is not rotating as smoothly as usual even after normal maintenance then this may indicate that there is a build-up of salt in the bearing near the handle.
*Remove the power cord.
1. Carefully immerse the reel in freshwater up to spool as shown in the diagram. Do NOT immerse the whole reel. Rotate the spool to dissolve the salt and regain performance. Immerse up to
2. Remove the reel from the water and hold it up with the connector side facing down to ensure that the water completely drains from inside the reel.
If that does not improve the situation, please contact your nearest sales office to have the reel overhauled.
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 Precautions:
- One of the characteristics of powered reels is that even though the motor is ON, sometimes line will not get wound in if a fish is hooked because the drag is slipping. This is similar to an automobile going along with the handbrake on. If this goes on for a long time, then the oil in the drag will be burn off and eventually the drag will burn out. Take care not to allow this to happen as it could destroy the entire reel.
- When the line is caught, do NOT exert excessive force on the rod or reel. Instead, please cut the line after taking care to minimize the amount of line left in the fishing ground.
- Please take care when handling the reel. Never throw it in your bag or allow it to bang against other items during transportation.
- NEVER drop or hit the reel. Treat it carefully.
- Take care not to hit the back of the reel or bend the power cord when putting the reel into a rod stand. Take special care not to trap the power cord between the reel and the gunwale.
- Some types of polarizing sunglasses make it difficult to properly view the display.
- After winding in a heavy load, take care when dropping the rig and winding it in the next time as the rig may get tangled with the tip of the rod.
- If the resin footing of the reel is secured to a metal reel mount, this may damage the resin and can ultimately damage the whole reel. Please make sure the resin protector is properly in place when attaching the reel to a metal mount.
Maintaining Your Shimano Forcemaster 9000 Reel:
- Regular Maintenance - Please contact your nearest service center. The condition of the reel is greatly influenced by not only frequency of use, but also the environment in which it is used, how it is used and the target species. If any abnormality is detected, please contact your nearest service center through the nearest retailer immediately. A regular professional maintenance
check once every six months is highly recommended.
- Always remove the power cord from the reel before storing it.
- Place the protective cap on connectors when the reel is not in use.
- NEVER try to disassemble the reel as this can damage internal electrical components such as the motor and circuit breaker and may cause the reel to malfunction.
- NEVER oil the drag mechanism as this may decrease performance.
- Leaving the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel in high temperature, high humidity conditions for a long period of time may cause deformation or weakness. Always store in a cool, dry place after carrying out regular maintenance.
- NEVER immerse the entire Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel in water, especially the display. (Although the display is shower proof it is best to avoid immersing it in order to prevent any trouble.
Helpful Advice regarding your new Shimano Forcemaster 9000:
When fishing with a short rod from the bow of a boat, if zero setting is carried out in the normal way, then the Gunwale Stop Position will be outside of the normal 1~6m range.
In such cases, wind the rig up to the end of the rod and reset zero at that point to ensure that when the motor stops the rig will come to your hand when you raise the rod vertical.
In this particular situation, as zero setting is not carried out on the surface of the water, the actual distance from the end of the rod to the surface of the water will be different.