Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel details:
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel makes deep drop fishing easier for anyone. Fight em on the handle and let the power assist do the drudgery of retrieving heavy sinkers from the depths when it’s time to check your bait.
Manufactured and hand assembled in Japan, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 electric reel offers unrivalled value. It’s sleek lightweight design houses a powerful high-performance electric system with massive continuous winding power and a retrieve rate of up to 130m per minute!
Packed with all the amazing technology of Daiwa’s more expensive electric reels, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is extremely durable and reliable featuring corrosion resistant components and a washable design with sealed electronics for long-lasting performance. The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is a proven workhorse with true 80lb performance.
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000, is a 12-Volt powered Dendoh reel that is smaller, lighter and easier to use compared to other electrics. Its sleek, lightweight design, houses a powerful and high-performance electric system, boasting a massive continuous (70 kg max. instant winding power) winding power and a retrieval rate of up to 130m per minute!
With Daiwa’s exclusive Power Lever for instant control of winding speed and power, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000’s digital readout automatically displays line let out, as well as distance retrieved from the bottom, so you know the depth of your offering at all times.
Like all of Daiwa’s electrics, upon retrieve, the programmable Auto-Stop ensures that the winding stops at its designated length. The automated jigging function can be set to automatically work a lure or bait according to your programmed specifications.
Packed with all the amazing technological innovations from its more expensive cousins, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is extremely durable and reliable, featuring corrosion resistant components and a washable design with sealed electronics for smooth, long-lasting performance in the harsh marine environment.
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist Electric Reel joins the Daiwa Tanacom family of deep drop and kite fishing reels with features to make power assist fishing easier than ever.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 line capacity:
Mono Capacity(lb/yds): 30/700, 40/500
Braid Capacity(lb/yds): 80/880, 100/660, 120/550
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 features:
– LCD display reads out in English for easier programming
– Oversize line guide aperture to clear large knots and kite swivels
– Automatic stop and jigging features
– Variable-speed Power Lever control
– Line counter and depth memory
– Sealed electronics package
– Manual winding option
– Washable design
– 12 Volt system (12-16.8 V)
– Sealed drag system
1. Free spool adjustment:
– It adjusts brake tension on the spool to prevent backlash or line slack caused by dropping the line with hook and sinker.
2. Power lever:
– You can freely adjust winding power, or winding speed, from zero(ON/OFF) to maximum, by 32 steps, by using the lever.
– Tilting the lever forward adds power and speeds up the winding.
– Pulling the lever back slows down the winding.
– Without the lever positioned to OFF, it is impossible to start winding. You have to pull it back to the OFF position before you start winding. An audible sound indicates the OFF position.
– The power lever is used to set numerical values on the various function displays.
3. Waterproof drag:
– Adjusting the star drag allows the spool to slip against a strong pull to avoid line breakage.
(1) Adjust the drag while reel is on the rod and the line is strung through all the line guides.
(2) Adjust drag with the clutch ON, while pulling the line with your hands. Normally, the drag is adjusted to prevent the weakest line in the line system from breaking.
– Turning the handle automatically engages the clutch.
– ON position > line winding can be done.
– OFF position > spool is free-turning to let out line.
– The levelwind distributes line evenly on the spool as you wind it in. (Under some special circumstances line may not wind evenly because of the clearance between the levelwind and the line.)
6. Enclosed items:
– Power cord
– Levelwind threader (This tool simplifies threading line through the levelwind.)
– Rod Clamp
1. MODE BUTTON
Press the MODE BUTTON to scroll through the adjustment displays for each reel function.
– Use the Power Lever to adjust numeric values.
– Pressing the MODE BUTTON sets the numeric values you have adjusted.
– Depress and hold the MODE BUTTON to return to the depth display.
– Mode change cannot be done while line is being fed.
2. RESET BUTTON
This button resets the depth counter to zero.
Make sure to press this button before you start fishing. The reset depth is used to make the auto stop function work. (display shows ). The default setting of auto stop is 2 meters.
This prevents accidental resetting. For a total reset, when line has been broken off, press and hold the button for at least 2 seconds.
3. INVERSE COUNTER BUTTON
Pressing this button resets the counter in the lower area of the display.
– It memorizes distance from the bottom, handy for dropping a bait right back into the strike zone after youʼve been bit.
– The chumming timer resumes after pressing this button.
4. JIG/PICKUP BUTTON
Selection between pickup and jigging can be done in the mode setting display.(One of them should necessarily be chosen.)
-You can wind only while pressing this button. This function is useful to wind up line slack and attract fish.
– Winding speed can be changed with the mode setting display. (Default setting is speed 15)
– Jigging can be ON/OFF.
– Pressing this button starts jigging. (Display shows )
– Pressing the button again stops jigging.
5. Mode display
– This display allows you to change setting of each function.
– The functions that are set to work are shown on the display.(Default setting is speed 15, but the speed can actually be set between 0~Hi.)
6. Depth counter
– It shows the depth from the surface.
7. Chumming timer (Power indicator, time to wind up, timer display)
– The chumming timer appears when motor rotation is stopped.The timer display cannot be set to OFF.
– While using the power lever, the power level is shown.
– While the electric winding up is in action displaying actual winding speed, the timer indicates the remaining time to auto stop at the ship side(in minutes and seconds).
8. Jigging display
– This is appeared only when the jigging function is on.
– It blinks when jigging is in process.
9. Inverse counter (winding speed display)
– This counter shows the depth from the bottom (or a certain depth).
– Once this counter is turned on, its display cannot be turned off.
– While winding up, winding speed appears in meters per minute.
(The display of winding speed can be set to OFF)
Do not reel in the end of the line on the Daiwa Tanacom 1000
1. Do not allow line to rub against the palming plate while winding as it could scratch the plate.
2. The motor can be overloaded when winding at very high tension for a long time (about 15 minutes). In this case, the motor will automatically stop. This does not occur while fishing as water helps cool down the motor. If the motor stops, wind manually or move the power lever momentarily back to OFF and then resume winding. Wind the line at high speed (less tension).
DO NOT allow end of line to be wound onto the spool.This may cause synchronization with the levelwind to be lost, a condition that can damage the levelwind due to the reelʼs high power output. Should this happen, line should be removed from spool and rewound. After each trip, attach line to line clip to prevent it accidentally being wound onto reel.
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist Reel easy to use. Connect the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 battery and lower your lure to the water’s surface. Then press the reset button to zero the display and you’re ready to start fishing, with the reel automatically measuring line let out. Advance the Power Lever to rewind; the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel will automatically stop as your lure reaches the surface.
Deep drop fishing for Grouper, Halibut, Snapper, Tile, etc., fight your catch on the handle but let the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Power Assist reel do the drudgery of retrieving heavy sinkers from the depths when it’s time to check your bait.
When you’re kite fishing the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 offers the power to quickly bring in kites in heavy winds.
Shielded For Extra Protection. Unlike ordinary ‘corrosion resistant’ bearings with an unprotected open race, Daiwa’s CRBB bearings are shielded to seal out sand, fine grit, salt crystals and other abrasives for even longer life.
Digital gear design ensures a perfect mesh between ultra-tough, surface treated alloy drive gear and marine bronze pinion gear for optimized speed, power and durability.
The DAIWA Ultimate Tournament Drag System includes impregnated drag discs, which are about 30 times more durable than normal discs. The effective drag power is considerably increased compared to normal drag systems. An additional advantage is the reduced start-up resistance – the drag starts working, when the adjusted drag power is reached and drags smoothly and steadily.
Intensive studies of saltwater influence have resulted in the development of a washable construction for saltwater use. A water ‘duct’ at the bottom of reel allows effective water discharge and simplifies maintenance by allowing the reel to be washed after use, without concern for drainage.
Before you begin fishing with the Daiwa Tanacom 1000
Before you begin fishing, make sure the counter is set to zero at the waterʼs surface. This is extremely important to ensure accurate fishing depth readings.
1. Connect the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel to the battery, put the line through all the guides, and prepare your terminal rig.
2. Place the rod into the rod holder in the position it will normally rest while fishing.
3. Lower the terminal rig to the waterʼs surface and press the RESET BUTTON. (water surface zero setting) The display resets to 0.0 and STP blinks.
Attention: When new line is wound up, or when line has been pulled under heavy tension, line stretch may cause a gap in the depth reading at the surface. Simply reset the surface setting with the reset button.
When the main line is cut or broken off:
– Should your line break, revise data as follows.
– Wind the line to the rod tip, and press the RESET BUTTON for 3 seconds. (At depths greater than 10 m, 3-second-pressing is employed accidental pressing of the button.) If the display shows 0.0 then your re-adjustment is complete and data has been revised.
– Unless you reset the data on the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel, it will not be able to count accurately.
The Auto stop depth may be set to meet your own specific needs.
– Auto stop adjusts to operate at depths from 1 m to 5 m (in 10 cm increments).
– It prevents accidentally winding swivels, terminal rigs etc. into the rod tip and stops your rig at a consistent depth for convenient checking and changing of baits and sinkers.
– Line stretch can cause an inaccurate reading at the surface. Simply reset the counter to zero at the surface.
Auto stop automatically brings your terminal rig to the surface, stopping consistently at your pre-set depth preference. It eliminates the need to constantly monitor depth as it comes up.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Line feeding function:
The line feeding function lets our line with the motor assisting the spool.
– The line feeding mechanism begins to work at a depth of 2.5 m below the pre-set auto stop depth.
– If the clutch becomes ON while the reel is furnishing line, the spool begins to rotate to avoid line slack.
– Speed of the line going out is adjusted with 32 speed levels ranging between 0 and Hi. It is adjusted in the line feeding mode.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Various alarms:
Many kinds of information are indicated by audible alarms.
Power lever alarm – Placing the Power lever at MAX or OFF positions evokes an alarm.
Auto stop alarm – While winding up, starting 6 m below the auto stop depth, an alarm beeps at two meter intervals. Upon reaching the auto stop depth, a long alarm sounds.
Range memory alert – While lowering your rig back into the strike zone, starting 6 m above the memorized strike depth, an alarm sounds at two m intervals with a long alarm sounding once the target depth is reached. (This range memory alarm does not sound unless line has been wound more than 6 m above the memorized
Switch alarm – Each time a button is pressed, a confirming beep is sounded.
Excessive voltage alarm – Should you attach a power source with a voltage higher than the acceptable level, a continuous alarm will sound. DO NOT operate the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel. Disconnect the power source. Connect a power source with the proper voltage.
Timer alarm – Chumming timer winding is indicated by an alarm.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel FAQs:
Does it come with cords and battery?
The Daiwa Tanacom 1000 comes with the power cord but battery is not included.
How long are the power cords on the Tanacom 1000 reels?
The power cord on the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is 8.86 ft.
What is the difference between the tanacom 1000 and the 750?
The Tanacom 1000 and Tanacom 750 are extremely similar reels, but the biggest differences will be size and line capacity. Best to treat the 750 as a narrow spool version of the 1000. For 80lb braid, the 1000 will be able to hold roughly an additional 300 yards, which would make it ideal for hitting your really deep bottom fishing numbers for tilefish, queen snapper, and other deep dwellers. The 750 size is ideal if you are wanting to get into deep dropping with an electric reel while still holding the setup in hand rather than fishing it directly out of a rod holder since it is about 10oz lighter than the 1000. Max drag, gear ratio, the English reading LCD display, and an oversized line guide are found on both models, making each model quite versatile for both deep dropping and kite fishing.
Does the Tanacom 1000 have jiging function?
Yes it does. You can check it out on pages 23-25 of the online owners manual.
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel Video:
Daiwa Tanacom 1000 Electric Reel Reviews:
Excellent electric reel for Kite fishing and deep dropping
I use this reel for Kite fishing off of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. It is a big powerful reel, strong enough to hold my kites in place with three live baits on a line. Great for catching Bill-fish, Kings and Wahoo. I can control my kite distance with a flip of a switch, depending upon my needs, and I can bring in the lines, re-rig and set them back out in a quarter of the time it would take with manual gear. These reels are also great for deep dropping in 600′- 1000′ of water when fishing for queen snapper or golden tile fish. It takes the back breaking effort out of retrieving 1000′ of line and a 2 to 4 pound weight from the bottom of the ocean. I plan on using it for night time sword fishing as well. This will make checking the lines infinitely easier! Need proof? Check out my avatar. That’s me doing it not just posing with a fish.
It requires a separate battery to operate, and can be cranked manually as well. Easy to use and the instruction manual is available on the Daiwa website for download.
Daiwa gets it.
I have been using Tanacom over a decade for kite fishing and deep dropping on my Florida Keys charter boat. So I was interested in a cheaper priced version and let me tell you, Im not disappointed. Daiwa continues to make durable fishing gear for professionals and weekend warriors alike. The reel is compact, yet powerful and can run on your boats battery or a battery pack daiwa sells separately. It also holds 800yds of 80 braid, so deep drops over 1000′ are possible. Do yourself a favor and buy one!
Great bang for the buck
Once, I finally got the correct reel (the first reel sent was a 750 not the 1000) I was happy with the initial un-boxing. I have now had a chance to use it a few time and I have to say that this was a good purchase. We fished to 1500 ft and it did not have one hiccup. I spooled 80# super braid on it and pulled fish up well. It does lack a little power. But at the price point I can not complain to much. Was able to boat some good size Alaskan halibut as well as rock fish and cod. It takes a bit to learn how to work all of the functions of the reel. I would recommend making up a laminated cheat sheet until you know how to work your reel. Over all I am pleased with the performance of this reel. We had two of these reels and we boated 7 halibut between 100# and 225# in a four day fishing trip. Update: still happy but have found that you have to check the drag often. Either it increases drag when using the manual handle once you intervenetly hit the drag knob when working the reel. Have lost a few fish to an this.
I have had this electric Daiwa tamacon 1000 for one year. I fish in Jamaican waters at depth of 600 to 2500 feet. I can say that the unit is very good, easy to use and have had a lot of good times catching several types of deep water fish. I have not had any other type of deep water fishing reel due to the fact that they can be very expensive, but for us$ 500.00 you can trust this reel, of course you have to be cautious and maintain it by always protecting it by always keeping it clean. You have to have a fully charged battery otherwise it will not be be to retrieve your line when it hits over 1000 feet or more, it needs full battery power 12 volts. I recommend this reel, as i am a fisherman by profession and use it 2 to 3 times every week, so before jumping to buy one of those very expensive deep water electric reel, buy this one.
These work great for deep dropping. Checking bait is much easier especially in 800-1000+ depths. Have caught many tilefish, rosefish, hake, barrelfish and various others with no complaints. It’s great being able to hook up a small motorcycle battery in a small bag when you need to move around. My only complaint is a lot of people on party boats do NOT understand you can quickly disconnect and get out of the way for tangles or another fisherman bringing a fish in. Well worth the money though for sure!
Very happy with this reels performance. I paired it on a 60# class stand up and spooled it with 80# hollow and a 50 yard top shot of 100# mono to do some Amber-jack fishing. The reel handled fish in the 35# class and boated a 50+ with little fuss because of the smooth drag, rest of the trip was spent in 30 fathoms pulling on average to nice grouper and snapper things a beast. love the line counter and the auto stop feature keeps you from crashing your rod tip.
Me and a work mate used our Daiwa’s while deep dropping for Tasmanian Trumpeters, The way it pulls heavy sinkers up has to be see to be believed, Before we bought these beauties we were almost spent after a few hours, Now re-baiting is easy as, and the great thing is that you can fight a fish like a regular overhead game reel except you don’t have to bust your hump winching up braid to re bait as the reel does these boring parts of the fishing trip for you, Precious energy is better used on fighting fish from the depths rather than pulling empty lines.
Amazing light duty deep drop reel. i have been using the same pair for a year and a half and they have not missed a beat. i would like to know how many thousands of pounds of filets these bad boys have produced for us. this is the right reel for you if fishing 300 to 1100′, work horses!
I have two of them that I mostly use for deep dropping snapper, grouper and tilefish. Works great for the kite too. I love the line counter and auto jig features! Well worth the money!
Good price for an electric reel
Nice looking reel. Larger than I expected. Should be perfect for deep dropping bait my arm can’t take reeling in 1000 ft. Of line with 5 pds of weight on the end. It’s heck to get old.
I bought 2 reels spooled them up with 80lb daiwa j line and used them once so far and they worked perfectly! I I didn’t bother learning the function yet but it’s easy to use. I used a 3lb lead and dropped between 80-150 fathoms that’s 480-900 feet deep and caught 2 8-10 pound fish on one of the drops and the reels worked perfectly. My friend had this reel for over 8 years and most use was on a jet ski and never had any issues and never had to service it. yet.
Great entry level electric reel
Great entry level electric reel, Plenty of line capacity and drag. Excellent reel for kite fishing and lite deep drop.
great reel for the price.
I bought the Tanacom 1000 for the line capacity. My Megatwin 750 didn’t have the line capacity (65# power pro) for daytime swordfishing in Virginia.
Great reel needs more line capacity
I have two of these great value reels which we use for deep dropping and running a dredge. With a little more drag and line capacity this would be outstanding as it is great value compared to the remainder of the electric reel market. Great product – oh but the manual sucks and we haven’t had either reel long enough to report on long term reliability.
So far I have been using it for the kite. Retrieving and deploying the kite is really easy and fast. Will be using it for deep drop soon.
Great offshore Reel
If you are in the market for an offshore fishing reel, the Daiwa Tanacom 1000 is your reel. Great for offshore sea-bass, porgies, ling, cod, and even tile fish.
Great reel for the money
Used this reel to catch Golden Tiles. The reel handled 2 at a time (15-20lb’s) with no struggle at all. Im not sure you can find a better electric reel for the price. Our crew plans on buying more of them. Paired it with the Diawa TNB66HF-DD and 65lb Diawa J-Braid. This combo worked great.
Perfect for deep drops!
The line capacity is more than enough to fish in deep locations. Ease of operation and very accurate for returning to the fish. Great reel, I’ll buy another one! Easy to operate Manual back up if the battery runs out of juice Smooth operation and adjustable speeds Just the right size
This reel is great for what I use it for. I have only 1 arm and I use it for my long rod. I am looking for another and would recommend this reel.
Works well for kite or deep drop applications.
Easy to set up
I got this about 2 weeks ago and I was very scared that it would be hard to set up. It took me no time at all to set up and get in place. If you are looking for a great kite reel, look no farther!