Shimano Beastmaster 9000 details:
The new Shimano Beastmaster 9000 A is at the pinnacle of electric fishing reels. After years of development by the experts at Shimano anglers now have a electric reel capable of exploring the truly deep reefs. Pulling monsters from the deep is a speciality of the brushless, high-torque, high-speed, durable Giga Max Motor, with a winding strength of up to 250-pounds.
With an amazing 55-pounds of thermo-adjustable drag power and a 50% reduction of drag heat, fishing for deep-water species like grouper, trevalla, swordfish and tuna will not be able to resist the Shimano Dendou Beastmaster. It is possible to halt spool rotation with the aid of the mechanical brake knob while preventing backlash from the rig as it drops.
Upgraded to provide additional power and enhanced functionality, the new Shimano BM9000A BeastMaster Electric Reel is Shimano’s premier power assist reel for deep dropping. Featuring an enhanced version of the brushless GigaMax Motor that gave the original BeastMaster its reputation for unwavering power, the new Shimano BM9000A achieves 10% more winding power than its predecessor.
With a maximum winding power of 290lbs and a staggering 55lbs of maximum drag pressure, the Shimano BeastMaster 9000A is capable of going toe-to-toe with biggest, baddest monsters of the deep.
Incorporating a Thermo Adjust Drag system that provides a 50% heat reduction, along with Heat Free System II that allows any built up heat to release through the side vents within the reel’s side plate, the new Shimano BeastMaster 9000A is masterfully designed to withstand the punishment of multi-hour battles while daytime swordfishing.
Normally reels with this type of power and capabilities are extremely heavy and cumbersome, while the new BM9000A weighs in at only 52.4oz and is easily maneuvered around your boat after the initial hook up.
The new Shimano BeastMaster 9000 A is up to the challenge!
Whether you are kite fishing, deep dropping for tilefish and other deep water dwellers, or even daytime fishing for swords, the new Shimano BeastMaster 9000A is up to the challenge.
With an amazing 55-pounds of thermo-adjustable drag power and a 50% reduction of drag heat, deep-water species like grouper, trevalla, swordfish and tuna will not be able to resist the Shimano Beastmaster 9000. It is possible to halt spool rotation with the aid of the mechanical brake knob while preventing backlash from the rig as it drops.
Shimano Beastmaster dendou 9000 was introduced for the first time in the US about five years ago and really it was known for its gigamax motor. The GigaMax motor is a brushless motor. It won’t overheat it won’t burn out. It won’t stop and it has a ton of power in a ton of speed. We’ve upgraded the gigamax motor to 10% more powerful. So what that does is it gives you a lot more power and winching speed keeps your fish from getting eaten by sharks allows you to pull a kite really easily.
We’ve also gone in ahead and added a manual mode to this reel that just allows for easy kite fish and pull the kite in and out.
With 10% more winding power than the previous model and 25kg of Cross Carbon Drag output, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 is ready to tackle monsters of the deep. Regardless of the load applied to the reel, the Constant Speed Mode maintains a consistent retrieve speed without the loss of any cranking power during the fight. The Heat-Free system allows for heat to be released from vents in the side plate, ensuring reliable performance.
It also features a aluminium clod forged clutch lever and a LCD screen with an English menu. To reach deeper depths, the reel can be spooled with up to 900m of PE 8 braid.
The Shimano Beastmaster BM9000 Electric Dendou Reel is Shimano’s premier electric reel to date, built upon the brushless Gigamax motor that greatly improves high end torque, speed, and durability all the while producing less heat. We all know that the generation of heat is the downfall of all electric reels, especially under high drags and torque when daytime swordfishing or hauling in other giants of the deep.
In addition to the Gigamax motor, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 also incorporates a Thermo adjust drag that provides a 50% heat reduction, along with Heat Free System II that allows any built up heat to release through the side vents within the reel’s side plate.
With the heat reduction technologies built into the Shimano Shimano Beastmaster 9000, the reel also offers extreme power, with 55lbs of drag at full and 250lbs of winding strength. Normally reels with this type of power and capabilities are extremely heavy and cumbersome, while the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 weighs in at only 53oz and is easily maneuvered around your boat after the initial hook up.
Speed, power, and the sweet sound of saltwater success come together in the Shimano BeastMaster 9000 Electric Reel. Built to make deep drop fishing and kite fishing more fun and productive, the BeastMaster incorporates Shimano’s advanced GigaMax brushless motor for unparalleled performance in a reel this compact and easy to handle. Its planetary gear system generates incredible torque, with a maximum winding strength of 250 lbs. backed by up to 55 lbs. of drag force.
And with a full 3.1:1 gear ratio, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 pulls in 35″ of line per crank, to get that beast headed toward the boat quickly. Its 12/2/2 S-ARB double-shielded ball-bearing system delivers consistently smooth performance. And instead of a mechanical clicker, a running fish will trigger Shimano’s audible e-Exciting Drag Sound electronic technology; you’ll just have to hear it to believe it! Holds up to 1870 yds. of 50-lb. or 940 yards of 100-lb. braid.
The Shimano Beastmaster 9000 incorporates 3 essential qualities of a good electric reel: Durability, Heat Dissipation and High Torque Power. We’ve strengthened the bearing shaft and improved the durability of the Gigamax motor. We’ve enhanced heat dissipation with Thermo Adjust Drag control and Heat Free System II. With A torque of 113kg, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 makes light work of large catches in deep waters.
Shielded Anti-Rust Bearings – Shielded Antirust provide even smoother operation.
A special corrosion-resistant material is applied to the surface of conventional antirust bearings to minimize saltwater penetration and these bearings are located at strategic locations to achieve even smoother performance. These enable dramatically improved casting performance when fishing for spear squid, as well as improved float fishing performance — something that was said to be difficult to achieve with a powered Beastmaster reel. This has been made possible by the optimum balance that has been achieved between the safety bar and the level winder, which is the part that is said to cause line tangles when float fishing. Not only are these bearings resistant to rust, but they also minimize the formation of salt crystals inside the bearings, which can lead to corrosion.
Automatic Gunwale Stop – When the electric motor stops, just raise your rod vertical and the rig will come straight to your hand.
You can set the Shimano Beastmaster reel so that when the motor stops retrieving the line you just need to raise your rod vertical to have the rig come straight to your hand.
– When connecting to a power source for the first time the Gunwale Stop is set at 6m. From the second time onwards, the position at which the reel is stopped for more than 5 seconds will automatically be remembered by the computer as the Gunwale Stop position. (This feature works within the 1m~6m range. When the depth displayed is less than 1m, in the interests of safety it is set at 1m.)
– If there is a lot of line on the reel and the load changes greatly when retrieving the line then the rig may be wound into the end of the rod. When the reel detects major fluctuations in load, in the interests of safety, the Gunwale Stop position will be moved away from the rod to prevent the reel from malfunctioning.
Helpful Advice – When fishing with a short rod from the bow of a boat, if zero setting is carried out in the normal way, then the Gunwale Stop Position will be outside of the normal 1~6m range. In such cases, wind the rig up to the end of the rod and reset zero at that point to ensure that when the motor stops the rig will come to your hand when you raise the rod vertical. In this particular situation, as zero setting is not carried out on the surface of the water, the actual distance from the end of the rod to the surface of the water will be different.
Choose between Top-Down and Bottom-Up Modes – The secret to improving your catch is being able to accurately position your rig at the depth where the fish are. With the latest high-performance fish finders it is possible to see the exact depth that the fish are at. The skipper of the vessel will normally give you this information. Depending on factors such as fishing ground, fishing technique and target species, this position may be given as the distance from the surface or the distance from the bottom. This reel is ideally suited to either situation as it has both a Top Down Mode and a BottomUp Mode. Select between modes according the situation at hand
Technology Found In Shimano Beastmaster 9000 Electric Dendou Reels:
– Thermo Adjust Drag – A control function designed to suppress abnormal heat generation of the drag so as to maintain stable drag performance. If the drag slips while the motor of the electric reel is on, the gear will idle and cause an abnormal heat generation in the drag portion. In order to suppress this heat generation, when the drag is slipping, the motor speed is automatically reduced.
– S A-RB Bearings – These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
– E-Exciting Drag Sound – Produces an audible drag sound in place of a mechanical clicker to provide the angler better feedback when a fish makes a run. The electronic sound is an audible drag sound from the reel when a fish makes a run. This creates a modern solution to the mechanical clicker while adding excitement to your day.
– Hagane Body – The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
– Cross Carbon Drag – This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
– Heat Free System II – Heat Free System II dissipates motor heat to ensure Forcemaster delivers peak power all day long.
– Fine Dot LCD – Fine Dot LCD Display provides ultra clear resolution in full sunlight.
– Gigamax Motor – A brushless motor design that provides the angler with extraordinary torque, high speeds, and supreme durability.
– Raku/Speed Mode – Select between Raku or Speed Mode. Raku Mode: Maintain constant tension and winding according to the load on the end of the line. Speed Mode: Maintain constant speed regardless of load.
– Platinum Premier Service Plan – With the Platinum Service Plan, when submitting your Warranty Registration card points, you will receive coupons for discounts on clean and lubes (from half off to free!) Also included are Priority Shipping labels guaranteeing 48-hour turn around time from Shimano or participating Shimano Authorized Warranty Centers.
You should also consider the all new Shimano 9000 Forcemaster reel.
Shimano Beastmaster 9000 FAQs:
How much pounds braided line could be recommended for daytime swordfishing?
65 or 80lb is recommended.
Would the Beastmaster hold up for swordfishing?
Yes, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000 would be sufficient for swords.
Is the reel display language in English or only Japanese?
The display is in English.
Does the Beastmaster have a jigging function?
Yes it has a jigging function.
Does the power cord does come with the Beastmaster?
Yes, the power cord does come with the reel.
Shimano Beastmaster 9000 Video:
Shimano Beastmaster 9000 Reviews:
This reel is a BEAST!
Shimano got the name right! This reel is a BEAST!
Solid and reliable
Works day in and day out, more reliable than the Daiwa tanacom for swords in our experience.
Pros – strong, no binding, doesn’t struggle
Cons – expensive, could be priced at $1200 for ideal price point
Great for tuna fishing
Great for serious offshore tuna fishing.
Good electric reel
I have not used it other than to load the line. It holds plenty of line.and seems well made.
Pros – Holds plenty of line and has a good drag system
Cons – One of the worst manuals I’ve ever read.
A must have
This reel can do almost anything ! A must have for any serious fisherman. Small and functional – powerful and smooth.
Shimano Beastmaster 9000
The best electric reel i have ever used, Its very light and strong, it can do it all. Shimano Beastmaster 9000. love this reel. Great for any kind of fishing..
what can i say about the BM9000. compact. powerhouse that is a staple of my charter biz. from deep drop sword to big eye tuna off the bottom to 50 lb class tiles it has never let me down. Swordfish to 360 lbs and big eye to 222lbs on this little girl. For the money you can not beat this reel . performs as well as some of the 4500$ reels on the market while be light and super easy to fish. with little draw on your boats batteries!
Love this reel it’s beautiful finally convinced myself to spend the money.
Great Deep Drop Reel
Holds appx 1800 ft of line with 200 lb top shot for swords – only problem is it doesn’t stop at 500lb+ fish. Got spooled sitting at 1600 feet after fighting a fish with nearly locked drag for an hour. Oh well, keeps you coming back.