Shimano Forcemaster 9000 details:
The new 2021 Shimano Forcemaster 9000 is one of the best electric reels that delivers outstanding winding speed and strength, high drag ratings and generous line capacity to cover a variety of water depths, from inshore to over the continental shelf. The Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel offer a programmable and manual mode to cover different fishing techniques, from deep dropping to jigging.
Shimano built the new Forcemaster 9000 to be versatile and to meet the needs of anglers deep-dropping for bottom fish or flying kites in South Florida for sailfish and other pelagic spices. Packed with 55 pounds of drag to provide the power needed under immense loads, the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 incorporates Shimano’s Heat Free System II to reduce the reel’s internal temperature when fighting big fish, allowing anglers to focus on what matters most not exhausting themselves winching on a reel.
And with winding speeds of 153 yards per minute, anglers can quickly crank in bottom rigs or reel in kites to change out baits with the speed needed when it matters most during a hot bite. The Shimano Forcemaster 9000 also pairs perfectly with both of Shimano’s Talavera Bluewater Deep-Drop rods, ultimately creating a full system to enhance performance when targeting deep-water species.
Improving upon the original Shimano Forcemaster 9000 for the 2021 fishing season, the new Shimano FM9000A Forcemaster Electric Reel has been upgraded to better suit the needs of both deep water anglers and kite fishermen. Featuring a powerful brush less motor and packed with a staggering 55 pounds of fish-stopping cross-carbon drag, the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 eliminates the exhausting tasks of manually winching the dead weight resistance of kites, dredges, or deep-drop rigs.
To enhance its ability to fight large fish, the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 incorporates Shimano’s Heat Free System II to reduce the reel’s internal temperature when the motor is under heavy stress. This feature works by dissipating motor heat through vents in the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel’s side plate to greatly reduce the chances of motor failure due to overheating. With winding speeds of up to 153 yards per minute, anglers can quickly crank in bottom rigs or reel in kites to change out baits with great speed and efficiency.
This ability helps keep anglers fresh and allows them to focus on other important tasks that increase their chances at success. Whether you’re pulling fully loaded deep-drop rigs up from the depths or flying kites in South Florida for trophy sailfish, the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 is the perfect power assist electric reel for the job.
The new 2021 Shimano Forcemaster 9000 is Shimano’s latest addition to the range of next generation powerful electric reels. It has a line capacity of 1100m for PE6, 900m for PE8 which should prove more than enough for any type of fishing. With a hoisting capability of 78kg and lifting power of 14kg the fish don’t stand a chance! It features a metal clutch lever and a new Ci4+ handle knob.
Shimano Technology Found In the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 electric reel:
Hagane Body – A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The HAGANE Body is produced from high rigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body.
The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
CI4+ – An enhanced version of the original CI4 material, this highly technical carbon material is 2.5 times stiffer than the original and is used to create weight savings on the new Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel.
Fine Dot LCD – Ultra-Clear LCD Screen remains easily readable even in full sunlight, LCD screen for easy use and operation.
Cross Carbon Drag – Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
S A-RB Bearings – These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
Heat Free System II – Dissipates motor heat through vents in the reel’s side plate to ensure the GigaMax Motor delivers peak power all day long and does not overheat.
E-Exciting Drag Sound – Produces an audible drag sound in place of a mechanical clicker to provide the angler better feedback when a fish makes a run. This audible and highly exciting electronic sound that the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel makes when the mode is selected.
Exciting Drag Sound is a technology which enables to have a drag sound on a baitcasting reel, without using a rattle / clicker function. It works just the same as the sound of a spinning reel when line is pulled from the drag: a ‘click-click-click’ or a ‘swoosh’ sound is heard. This is a nice feature for a lot of anglers, who like to fish with a baitcasting reel but who are missing the sound of the drag when fighting a fish.
Raku/Speed Mode – Select between Raku or Speed Mode. Raku Mode: Maintain constant tension and winding according to the load on the end of the line. Speed Mode: Maintain constant speed regardless of load.
GIGAMAX MOTOR – Amazing Performance, Even A Rise In Temperature Cannot Slow It Down!
GIGAMAX MOTOR is a brush-less DC Motor. Shimano is the only company that adapts this brush-less motor in electric reels for Shimano Forcemaster 9000 series. Inside the motor, there Is a special strong magnet that can maintain its performance level even at high temperatures. The motor is specially tuned to meet the reel’s specific performance target.
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 handling instructions:
The Shimano Forcemaster 9000 consists of precision electrical components. Please read and follow the instructions below. Proper maintenance after every fishing trip is recommended to ensure that you will be able to enjoy using the reel for many years to come.
Caring for Your Shimano Forcemaster 9000:
Remove the power cord and make sure that the reel has completely cooled down before you start any maintenance.
1. Tighten the drag.
2. Wash the outside of the reel with water, using a wet sponge to remove any dirt. *Do not immerse the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 in water.
3. Disengage the clutch to let out 2~3m of line while washing between the spool and reel to get rid of the salt as shown in the diagram.
4. Loosen the drag completely and leave the reel to dry in a shady place. *Wash or lightly brush the alligator clips using freshwater to get rid of any impurities from seawater.
– Salt Build-Up in the Bearings
S A-RBs (Shielded AntiRust Bearings) are made from corrosionresistant material. However, that does not entirely prevent saltwater from entering the bearings and leaving a build-up of dried salt. They will not rust, but the rumbling sound that accompanies this build-up will sound the same as if they were rusty. If saltwater penetrates the bearings then they will either need to be taken out and washed down thoroughly with freshwater or replaced. Please contact your nearest sales office for maintenance.
– Please detach the power cord from the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel when in storage.
Cleaning Your Shimano Forcemaster 9000:
When you notice a deterioration in spool rotation.
If the spool is not rotating as smoothly as usual even after normal maintenance then this may indicate that there is a build-up of salt in the bearing near the handle.
*Remove the power cord.
1. Carefully immerse the reel in freshwater up to spool as shown in the diagram. Do NOT immerse the whole reel. Rotate the spool to dissolve the salt and regain performance. Immerse up to
2. Remove the reel from the water and hold it up with the connector side facing down to ensure that the water completely drains from inside the reel.
If that does not improve the situation, please contact your nearest sales office to have the reel overhauled.
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 Precautions:
– One of the characteristics of powered reels is that even though the motor is ON, sometimes line will not get wound in if a fish is hooked because the drag is slipping. This is similar to an automobile going along with the handbrake on. If this goes on for a long time, then the oil in the drag will be burn off and eventually the drag will burn out. Take care not to allow this to happen as it could destroy the entire reel.
– When the line is caught, do NOT exert excessive force on the rod or reel. Instead, please cut the line after taking care to minimize the amount of line left in the fishing ground.
– Please take care when handling the reel. Never throw it in your bag or allow it to bang against other items during transportation.
– NEVER drop or hit the reel. Treat it carefully.
– Take care not to hit the back of the reel or bend the power cord when putting the reel into a rod stand. Take special care not to trap the power cord between the reel and the gunwale.
– Some types of polarizing sunglasses make it difficult to properly view the display.
– After winding in a heavy load, take care when dropping the rig and winding it in the next time as the rig may get tangled with the tip of the rod.
– If the resin footing of the reel is secured to a metal reel mount, this may damage the resin and can ultimately damage the whole reel. Please make sure the resin protector is properly in place when attaching the reel to a metal mount.
Maintaining Your Shimano Forcemaster 9000 Reel:
– Regular Maintenance – Please contact your nearest service center. The condition of the reel is greatly influenced by not only frequency of use, but also the environment in which it is used, how it is used and the target species. If any abnormality is detected, please contact your nearest service center through the nearest retailer immediately. A regular professional maintenance
check once every six months is highly recommended.
– Always remove the power cord from the reel before storing it.
– Place the protective cap on connectors when the reel is not in use.
– NEVER try to disassemble the reel as this can damage internal electrical components such as the motor and circuit breaker and may cause the reel to malfunction.
– NEVER oil the drag mechanism as this may decrease performance.
– Leaving the Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel in high temperature, high humidity conditions for a long period of time may cause deformation or weakness. Always store in a cool, dry place after carrying out regular maintenance.
– NEVER immerse the entire Shimano Forcemaster 9000 reel in water, especially the display. (Although the display is shower proof it is best to avoid immersing it in order to prevent any trouble.
Helpful Advice regarding your new Shimano Forcemaster 9000:
When fishing with a short rod from the bow of a boat, if zero setting is carried out in the normal way, then the Gunwale Stop Position will be outside of the normal 1~6m range.
In such cases, wind the rig up to the end of the rod and reset zero at that point to ensure that when the motor stops the rig will come to your hand when you raise the rod vertical.
In this particular situation, as zero setting is not carried out on the surface of the water, the actual distance from the end of the rod to the surface of the water will be different.
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 FAQs:
What gear ratio does the new Shimano ForceMaster 9000 have?
The gear ratio is 3.3:1.
What's the winding speed of the new Shimano Forcemaster?
The winding speed is 153 yds/min.
How much does the new Shimano Forcemaster weigh?
It weighs 53.4 oz.
What's the braid capacity on the new Shimano Forcemaster?
The braid capacity is listed at: 40 lb test/2050 yds, 50 lb test/1800 yds, 65 lb test/1260 yds, 80 lb test/1030 yds,
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 Video:httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Shimano Forcemaster 9000 Reviews:
I find it is a better reel compared to Shimano Beastmaster
Very strong reel for bottom fishing. I used it to catch snowy groupers close to 49-50 pound weight 147 mile out in Gulf of Mexico of Saint Petersburg FL. Water 800 feet deep and used 2-3 pound weight sinkers. Excellently performs going down and bringing the catch up. Did not find any weak point. It is a champion of the champions. Price is affordable. Find it is a better reel compared to the Shimano Beastmaster 9000. Will recommend others bottom fishing anglers not to ignore this wonderful reel.
It's a really good reel!
It’s a really good reel, and most importantly it came with an English manual and English settings. I simply love it.